to LA SPE Home Page
Petroleum Technology Forum, December 13, 2011
The next Petroleum Technology Forum will be held Tuesday, December 13, 2011 at the Long Beach Petroleum Club. The speaker will be Dr. Reyaz Sabet-Sharghi,
International Energy Services Company. Abstract and speaker bio follow.
Long Beach Petroleum Club
3636 Linden Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90807
Registration: Reservation Required
Buffet Lunch: 11:30 AM
Presentation: 12:00-1:00 PM
$25.00 for non members
Students are Free
Guided Wave Testing for Pipelines
Dr. Reyaz Sabet-Sharghi
International Energy Services Company
The presentation will provide a brief overview of the theory governing Guided Wave Testing while looking at practical aspects such as:
· Areas of recent progress
· Technician certification
Bio – Reyaz Sabet-Sharghi
- Holds a Ph.D in Physics from Queen’s University (Applied Magnetics Group) in Kingston, Ontario, Canada specializing in magnetic pipeline inspection technologies (MFL and RFT).
- Over 10 years of NDT experience both in management and field work in Canada, Middle East and USA.
- Experience focuses mostly on advanced NDE applications for both Concrete and Carbon Steel Pipelines.
- Certified GUL technician since 2003 with work experience in North America, Africa, and Middle East.
- Currently the Guided Wave Services Manager at IESCO
- Over a dozen technical papers published in a wide range of specialized periodicals.
Leila Rashedi Vlasko
We hope to see you and Click Here to see complete calendar
Questions or comments? Send email to: SPE
Please report any problems to the webmaster
. Website design & maintenance by 4th